Business Development Lead (Manchester or Leeds)
Business Development Lead (North)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Business Development Lead, you will take ownership for new business opportunities from initial contact through to close. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Build great relationships - Really get to know and understand CIO/CDO/CTO/CEOs. Help them solve their key problems and challenge their thinking and approaches to digital and software development
- Understand the tech and professional services landscape - Bring a wider business and technology perspective. Know the region, where the challenges and opportunities lie. We do not expect the individual to necessarily have a big black book of local contacts
- Win new clients as part of a team - take the lead on all opportunities in the region from initial contact to close. Navigate complex environments, pull together multiple strings to close effectively. Working as part of a small distributed AND team BD and Marketing team, not acting as a lone ranger
- Be measured with a clear focus on the value of new business generated and the quality of new clients.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Significant Business Development experience in Consulting or technology professional services in favour of product based organisations
- Ownership experience and delivery of significant revenue targets consistently
- Relationship Management skills - very strong at building relationships quickly and following a well organised collaborative way
- Credible at C Suite Level - Aware of the challenges facing CIO’s, CTO’s and wider C Suite, able to support their thinking and approach to solving these
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Working knowledge across three or more of the following - Digital, Business Strategy, Marketing, Technology, Agile, Change Management and Business Transformation
- Comfortable in ambiguity and being part of a small, dynamic team, able to work autonomously but also an effective team player
- People and long term relationship minded
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams
- Organised, structured and challenging
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.