Squad Lead (Leeds)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Squad Lead, you will be the most senior member of the Product Development team working alongside client and AND Digital developers and analaysts. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Craft the delivery team, promote the best delivery practices and have ownership for taking on existing code bases as well as green-field sites. You will look out for the strategic goals of our clients with us as well as having a senior delivery role within the team.
- As a Line Manager you will dedicate time to career mentoring members of your squad. You will schedule your squad members onto client work, leading commercial aspects like utilisation, budgets etc… Squad cohesion is key and you will be responsible for growing 11 individuals into a strong unit. Ultimately you are accountable for the engagement and performance of your squad.
- As a member of the Club Operations Team you will join the Club Exec and 5 other Squad Leads in making decisions about the running of your Club. You will work with us to grow client relationships and accounts and lead club-wide initiatives, driving participation.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Experience working in a professional services set up so that you understand the dynamics of supplier-client relationships;
- Experience leading Product Delivery Teams so we know you get what we do
- Experience leading teams of 5+ people – handling some of the tricky stuff as well as developing the talent within your team;
- A meaningful area of expertise. Whether your background is as a Developer, an Analyst, a Product Manager or a Product Owner, we expect you to bring skills and experience to encourage both internal and client teams;
- A deep understanding of a variety of delivery methodologies (including Agile);
- An understanding of the need to be flexible – to tailor your approach depending on who you’re working with, to see the opportunity when things aren’t perfect, to enable teams to deliver remarkable work by wearing these different hats.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.