HR Lead (Reading)
HR Lead (Reading)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
Our People function isn’t like many others. Our culture is shaped and carried by every single ANDi, and we focus on empowering our teams with the tools, training and support they need to take care of themselves and each other, whilst doing what they enjoy the most. Our HR Lead (or People Operations Lead as we call the role internally) plays an important role in making this happen. You'll do this by;
- Supporting the Club Exec in executing all people activities for the Club and liaises directly with the other Lines of Business for day to day support on HR practices.
- Being the first point of contact for Squad Leads and ANDis on guidance about our processes in general (performance management, progression, training, benefits)
- Managing the Performance Review cycle for everyone in the club – 360 feedback, consolidating performance score and ensuring reviews happen to schedule.
- Proactively anticipate needs and act where appropriate by keeping in touch with teams, managers and especially people in lone roles.
- Provide support across key areas such as on-boarding, communications, training, succession and promotion reviews, performance management, change management, and employee engagement.
- Plan and deliver (with support from the team) Club events such as Club Days, business updates, and any other Club Ops / team engagement related communications
- Carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the HR function
- Liaise with payroll team to make sure pension, payroll, contracts and other HR administration updates all happen on time
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Demonstrable experience in similar roles
- Flexibility to figure out what is right for our people and environment, and appetite to try new ways of doing things. Challenging the list of rules to help us really live the culture
- The technical know-how. This means basic knowledge of UK employment law in an HR context
- A desire to work within a fast paced environment.
- A heap of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- A positive, can-do attitude focused on solutions and a constant drive for improvement; with calm attitude in challenging situations.
- Ability to work closely and engage with remote teams
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Post graduate work experience gained in the technology/professional services space
- Working towards or recently qualified CIPD
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.