Senior Software Engineer (Halifax)
AND Digital is a fast growing, tech consultancy. AND we are expanding to Halifax.
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on enterprise-scale software development projects across multiple sectors including eCommerce, financial services, gaming and the public-sector
- Champion software quality and technical vision for AND and our clients
- Champion industry best-practice including TDD, BDD and Agile software development
- Facilitate problem solving, working as a team to make your creative solutions a reality
- Work in a collaborative environment where your ideas and opinions are valued and respected
- Be a role model for junior and mid-level developers in your team, assisting with their mentoring and career development plans
- Be responsible for your own career development - with many different paths to choose at AND you will be empowered by the wider management team to progress your career at your own pace
- Be a public face of, and evangelist for AND, through writing, attending community events, and speaking about topics you’re passionate about
Also, it is expected that you will have some prior experience of:
- Object oriented design and development
- Working in an Agile environment, preferably with a working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Unit testing your work (preferably through TDD)
- Continuous Integration and/or Delivery
- Technologies including SpringBoot, Node.JS, Angular, React, MySQL, MongoDB, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and more
- Delivering cloud-based solutions, be it AWS or Azure
- Using your soft-skills to work with more junior developers
- Dealing directly with clients and stakeholders
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.
After going through our ANDBootcamp, you will be ready to work on our key client in Halifax and enjoy the many benefits of being an ANDi!
- Competitive package and equity – from an annual tech budget to spend on the latest gadgets, to bonus challenges, private healthcare, flexible holiday and share options!
- Join a growing, professional and driven squad team that is closely knit and supportive
- Make a huge impact in creating a unique company
- Learn, develop and grow as part of a fast growing company
- Feel valued and learn lots!