Business Development Lead (Manchester or Leeds)
Business Development Lead - North
ANDigital provides high quality teams of software engineers and product analysts that work within big name brands building great digital products (apps, websites and tools) and build their internal digital capability at the same time. We have proven and mastered a unique business model with clients that combines the best of consulting firms and tech implementers to accelerate clients digital aspirations.
AND Digital (No. 3 Top 100 Medium Companies to work for in the North of England), is doubling year on year and it is up to the Client Partnership Team to bring in new and exciting clients to partner with.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with good business development experience able to take ownership for the end to end pursuit of new clients in the North (centered around the Manchester and Leeds areas) as part of a small but highly effective team. This role is a key part of the very engine that drives our growth and as such is an incredibly rewarding opportunity for any driven and effective Business Development Leader.
The main focus of your time will be leading Business Development in the region taking ownership for opportunities from initial contact through to close. This will encompass a variety of skills:
- Build great relationships - Really get to know and understand CIO/CDO/CTO/CEOs. Help them solve their key problems and challenge their thinking and approaches to digital and software development
- Understand the tech and professional services landscape - Bring a wider business and technology perspective. Know the region, where the challenges and opportunities lie. We do not expect the individual to necessarily have a big black book of local contacts
- Win new clients as part of a team - take the lead on all opportunities in the region from initial contact to close. Navigate complex environments, pull together multiple strings to close effectively. Working as part of a small distributed AND team BD and Marketing team, not acting as a lone ranger
You will not be expected to do any on billable consulting or services at all.
You will report to the Chief of Partnerships and Strategy as part of the wider Partnerships team.
You will be measured with a clear focus on the value of new business generated and the quality of new clients. You will need to close clients that achieve in the region of £3-5m of revenue each year for AND’s 250+ team in the region. It is also vital that we bring in the right clients. The AND services are focused and as such not relevant to some client organisations. We also look for a long term sustainable, “win-win” partnership with our clients from FTSE 100 to startups alike.
AND Digital is a great company to be a part of. We are growing significantly and building some market leading and globally recognised websites and apps that drive our clients businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of that and further develop your skills in digital and business development.
- Significant Business Development experience in Consulting or technology professional services in favour of product based organisations
- Ownership and delivery of significant revenue targets consistently
- Relationship Management skills - very strong at building relationships quickly and following a well organised collaborative way
- Working knowledge across three or more of the following - Digital, Business Strategy, Marketing, Technology, Agile, Change Management and Business Transformation
- Credible at C Suite Level - Aware of the challenges facing CIO’s, CTO’s and wider C Suite, able to support their thinking and approach to solving these
- Comfortable in ambiguity and being part of a small, dynamic team, able to work autonomously but also an effective team player
- People and long term relationship minded
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams
- Organised, structured and challenging
- Base salary
- Highly competitive, transparent and fair bonus structure linked to results
- Additional pension contributions, health benefits and Tech Budget