Tech Lead - Supply Chain
Tech Lead - Supply Chain
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Tech Principal, you will lead as a hands on senior software engineer working across a Club’s portfolio of clients, onsite and in multi-skilled agile delivery teams.
- Your role will be to use your expert tech and supply chain domain knowledge to influence the direction of projects whilst coaching and upskilling a team through implementing engineering best practices such as code reviews and pair programming.
- Being hands on with development teams, you’ll understand what good code looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture into consideration with a DevOps mindset.
- Giving and receiving regular feedback to help the Developer community within your Club develop and be more effective will be key.
- This role is all about remaining hands on with code, with a clear progression path to become more senior in your field without the responsibility of managing a team.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Full Stack development background working in an agile environment.
- A number of years experience in and around the Supply Chain or Warehouse Management domain, having delivered new solutions, enhancements and integrations.
Here’s a look at some of the tech and tools you could be using:
- Platforms – WMS / Order Management (such as SAP, NetSuite and Highjump, JDA, Synergy Logistics, or Oracle IM)
- Java, Spring Framework, Spring boot,
- Python and PHP
- Agile: TDD/BDD, Pair Programming, XP
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform,
- Testing tools e.g. Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, jMeter, jUnit
- Proficiency with version control software, specifically GitHub
- Databases e.g. MySQL, Postgres, Mongo – designing schemas and optimising queries
What’s in it for you?
- Develop our capability in Supply Chain in our club, defining what ‘good looks like’
- The opportunity to work across multiple clients, projects and industry verticals, including non-Supply Chain digital projects
- You’ll be encouraged to develop a supply chain community of practice across business units
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.